The complete Japanese Backcountry experience.
Myoko is situated in one of the snowiest areas in Japan. From Myoko we have access to numerous back country locations including numerous volcanoes that are rarely visited by other tour groups. Myoko Complete Backcountry Tour includes a tail guide and a guarantee of a Japanese speaking guide. This will assist in getting away from the ski fields and into the remote backcountry areas of countryside Japan.
All guides are professionally trained and qualified and are in the field everyday and know the conditions and terrain inside out. Our guides also have an extensive network in the local community enabling them to access local knowledge and information from the surrounding snow community.
This is aimed at skiers and riders who are advanced to expert. In addition, these tours involve a lot of up-hill hiking on skis, split board or snow shoes so you will need to have a very good level of fitness.
You will have avalanche safety gear supplied as part of the package, however you will also need touring gear which could be skis with touring bindings & skins, a split board with skins and/or snow shoes. You will not need touring equipment on the lift access tours.
These tours can also be customised to your dates and group (subject to availability).
Advanced bookings are essential as these tours book out well ahead of time.
- NZMGA or equivalent qualified professional mountain guide– 1:5 ratio
- Tail Guide
- Japanese speaking lead guide or tail guide
- 8 days of guided ski touring/lift access backcountry
- 8 days of lift passes
- 9 nights twin share accommodation
- Daily breakfasts
- All mountain transfers
- Back-country Equipment-Beacon, shovel, probeand backpack
- Back-country Insurance-*Please ask for details
- Arrival Transfer
- Local knowledge and interaction with real localpeople!
- Professionalism that will take you to the best skilocation on any given day. Every day is different in the mountains and conditions are ever changing. Let us do the thinking for
Our advanced trips are for people who have experience ski touring and want to get off the beaten track. We will access remote areas away from the ski resorts. Participants will need a high level of fitness and be prepared for long days ski touring!
Day 1: Transfer to Myoko where your guide will be waiting to greet you. From there your guide will give you an introduction to the local area, make sure you have everything you need and deliver you to your hotel for some relaxation before your dream ski holiday begins!
Day 2 to 9: Our professional mountain guides will decide the best place to ski each day. Your first morning will start with an in depth avalanche safety briefing and training.
We will choose where to ski by finding the best snow and then skiing terrain within our snow stability rating for the day. Safety is our number one priority. This enables us to ski deep powder in remote locations safely and come back the next day to do it again!
Day 10: Transfer back to Tokyo or onto your next adventure.
The lodge has a wonderful cosy mountain lodge vibe. It is family-run and there are 3 generations of Japanese hospitality that really make the lodge special.
The lodge has a communal area with a fireplace and bar.
The rooms have western beds and some rooms have private bathrooms, whilst others utilise shared bathrooms.
Daily breakfast is provided as part of the package and other meals can be arranged with reservation the night before. Dinners are delicious and incorporate locally sourced ingredients including delicious seafood from the nearby coast. Every meal is unique and comes with several small dishes.
The lodge has a computer for guest use and wifi is available. There are laundry facilities on-site.
- Travel Insurance (Back country insurance is provided, please ask for details)
- Departure transfer (although arrangements and instructions will be provided)
- Meals, snacks, alcohol & dinners outside of the hotel• Single occupancy upgrade
- Touring gear is required. Rental rates depend on what gear you want / need to rent. Please inquire for pricing.Optional Add-Ons
- Backcountry touring gear rentals – Enquire for price
MAKE A BOOKING
I went skiing in Hakuba in February with 5 friends and Jerry as our guide. One of the best skiing experiences I've ever had. The mountain and package was excellent, and Jerry went out of his way to make it a memorable experience. Would highly recommend it to anyone else going that way and make sure you get Jerry as your guide!Jordan Trimble