From Myoko we have access to over 20 ski areas including Madarao/Tangram, Nozawa Onsen, Shiga Kogen and some smaller resorts that are are almost never visited. What this means is we have easy access powder skiing all week!
All guides are professionally trained and qualified and are in the field everyday and know the conditions and terrain inside out. Our guides also have an extensive network in the local community enabling them to access local knowledge and information from the surrounding snow community.
These tours are aimed at skiers and riders who are strong intermediate riders wanting to gain more backcountry experience, as well advanced to expert to riders. Ski touring groups will do a lot of up-hill hiking/skinning on skis, split board or snow shoes so you will need to have a very good level of fitness. Side country and ski touring groups will be split accordingly.
You will have avalanche safety gear supplied as part of the package, however you will also need touring gear which could be skis with touring bindings & skins, a split board with skins and/or snow shoes. You will not need touring equipment on the lift access tours.
These tours can also be customised to your dates and group (subject to availability).
Advanced bookings are essential as these tours book out well ahead of time.
- NZMGA or equivalent qualified professional mountain guide– 1:5 ratio
- 8 days of guided ski touring/lift access back country
- 8 days of lift passes
- Tail guide (ski touring groups)
- 9 nights twin share accommodation
- Daily breakfasts
- All mountain transfers
- Back-country Equipment-Beacon, shovel, probeand backpack
- Back-country Insurance-*Please ask for details
- Arrival Transfer
- Local knowledge and interaction with real local people
Day 2 to 9: Our professional mountain guides will decide the best place to ski each day. Your first morning will start with an in depth avalanche safety briefing and training. This will give you the confidence to use your equipment with the aim of giving you more skills and knowledge to take away with you at the end of the trip.From here we will potentially ski at any of the 9 resorts within the Hakuba Valley and also other non-ski field access backcountry locations, which we do not wish to disclose here!
Day 10: Transfer back to Tokyo or onto your next adventure.
The lodge has a wonderful cosy mountain lodge vibe. It is family-run and there are 3 generations of Japanese hospitality that really make the lodge special.
The lodge has a communal area with a fireplace and bar.
The rooms have western beds and some rooms have private bathrooms, whilst others utilise shared bathrooms.
Daily breakfast is provided as part of the package and other meals can be arranged with reservation the night before. Dinners are delicious and incorporate locally sourced ingredients including delicious seafood from the nearby coast. Every meal is unique and comes with several small dishes.
The lodge has a computer for guest use and wifi is available. There are laundry facilities on-site.
• Travel Insurance (Back country insurance is provided, please ask for details)
• Departure transfer (although arrangements and instructions will be provided)
• Meals, snacks, alcohol & dinners outside of the hotel• Single occupancy upgrade
• Touring gear is required. Rental rates depend on what gear you want / need to rent. Please inquire for pricing.Optional Add-Ons
• Backcountry touring gear rentals – Enquire for price
MAKE A BOOKING
I went skiing in Hakuba in February with 5 friends and Jerry as our guide. One of the best skiing experiences I've ever had. The mountain and package was excellent, and Jerry went out of his way to make it a memorable experience. Would highly recommend it to anyone else going that way and make sure you get Jerry as your guide!Jordan Trimble