AWESONE ALPINE TOURING AND BACKCOUNTRY CAMPING.
Alpine camping with Heli access.
Campsites are cozy expedition-style tent camps, backed up with snow caves (or a mountain hut). The campsite locations are stunning high-altitude ridge crests. Wake up to fiery sunrises, before skiing/riding untamed big mountain terrain – usually only visited by heliskiers.
Helicamps operate in spring. Spring touring offers:
Longer daylight hours, for extended touring
Better snow cover
Better snow stability
Steep White 3 day ski touring trips Staying in alpine hut.
Heli acces mulit day ski touring trip based at its own hut, high in the Alps in near Queenstown. The terrain is an even mix of sunny north facing slopes on Mt Larkins (2300m ) and shady south facing on Mt Alaska ( 1965m )
With SteepWHITE – its possible to wear yourself out with so much ski touring as the hut is at 1880 m with runs possible beneath and above the hut. Runs possible are 550 – 600m in length. The site gets a lot of snow with fronts from the both the south and the north west.
- All meals and snacks
- Local transport
- Local accommodation and camping
- Helicopter flights in/out
- Free use of some technical gear
- Alpine Guides Technical Manual ›
- 1 day weather contingency
All prices are per-person, in New Zealand Dollars
SteepWHITE 3 day ski touring trip price
- 2 x heli flights – from Queenstown Airport. First flight to get up to the hut. Second flight to exit at end of trip from hut back to Queenstown Airport
- Guided – professional NZ Mountain Guides Association qualified Guide assisting your group
- Hosted – hut custodian and cook to run the hut ensuring your get the most time on the slopes as possible
- All food – hearty NZ meals, good coffee… let us know if you may have specific food requirements like vegetarian…
- Accommodation – 3 days 2 nights high high on the north slopes of Mt Larkins in Steep WHITE hut.